Historical Society, Inc.
a chapter of the National Railway Historical Society
The photograph reproduced above shows a vintage Lackawanna Railroad caboose that has been completely restored and painted in authentic Lackawanna colors by members of our chapter. It is now on exhibition at the Whippany (NJ) Railway Museum located on NJ Route 10 & Whippany Road, open every Sunday. A restored Lackawanna baggage car is also exhibited at the Museum. Other chapter members have published books, organized excursions and field trips throughout New Jersey to New York and Maryland and conducted banquets, railroadiana swap meets and joint meetings with other rail fans.
WHO ARE WE /
- To PRESERVE historical Railway materials -
- To COLLECT and to PUBLISH meaningful historical railway data -
- To ENCOURAGE and SUPPORT the increased use of rail transportation -
- To PROVIDE a monthly membership forum for ideas and projects -
The Tri-State Railway
Historical Societhy is a registered tax exempt, non-profit educational
under section 501(c)3 of the internal revenue code.
Donations are tax deductable to the extend permitted by law.
held at the Morris Museum's Bickford Theater
Member Meeting Details
Member Meeting Details
ACTIVITIES: Tri-State's Event Calendar
Current / Upcoming Events -
Monthly Chapter Meeting - The Morris Museum - [Thursday] May 30, 2013
Past Events -
Whippany Train Rides - Whippany Railway Musuem - Whippany, NJ
- Dover & Rockaway Caboose Train - September 2009 - Dover, NJ- Easter Bunny Train - Photos!
- Annual Picnic August 2011 At Whippany- Oct. 15, 2011 - F3 units pulled a Steamtown Excursion to East Stroudsburg, PA
Some of our
projects include restoration/preservation of:
F3A diesel locomotive
CNJ Blue Comet observation car
Erie No. 10, three cabooses, and two DL&W baggage cars.
Current / Future Projects -
- "Lackawanna" F3 Locomotive Restoration - Steamtown - Scranton, PA
Our "Lackawanna" F3 was recently given national exposure!
- Steamtown Train Excursions - Tri-State F3
Diesel Locomotive - Scranton, PA - 2012 Dates: Sunday,
Past Projects -
- Lehigh and New England Caboose
- Sparta Station
EQUIPMENT & ROLLING STOCK:
- See our Equipment & Rolling Stock page
ONLINE - Our Quarterly newsletter, The Block Line, Back issue are here.
Reprints of the six part Block Line
article about the CNJ Newark Bay Draw Wreck are now available!
Back Issues of the Block Line for Sale!
- Our Monthly newsletter, The Tri-Stater
Join the Tri-State eMail list
Join the Tri-State Yahoo Group list
USPS 'Snail' mail: P.O. Box 1217, Morristown, NJ 07962-1217
Voice mail: 973-656-0707